Ontario Land Title Search – Property Search
This search provides details on the current and past property owners, along with a list of all documents (instruments) registered on title since the date of electronic conversion. Copies of these documents can be obtained upon request by providing the instrument number.
In addition, the following information can be obtained upon request:
- Deeds, mortgages and transfers
- Writ of execution on the registered owners as they appear on the Parcel Register. This will reveal details of any outstanding judgements on the current owners.
To conduct a search, you will need to provide ONE of the following pieces of information:
- Property Identification Number (PIN). This is not the tax role number contained on most property assessments. The PIN will be in the following format: 12233-4455.
- Exact municipal address. (Note, properties in remote jurisdictions may not be in the electronic system and may require a manual search.)
- Owner name and city of residence
- Instrument number. This number can be found on the Parcel Registry and would be used to obtain a copy of a document such as a deed, transfer or mortgage.
The Parcel Registry and information provided is not considered a complete historical search. If you require a historical search to establish a chain of title, it is strongly recommended that you seek legal advice from a lawyer.
PLEASE NOTE: These searches are for information purposes only. Comments or discussions in relation to the search are to assist in locating the property in question and should not be construed as legal advice. We strongly recommend you seek legal counsel from a licensed lawyer.